The farm offers a space for education programs for various age groups (K-12, university students, adult community members, elders). We are looking to collaborate with local residents, schools, community centers, garden education programs, and UC Berkeley students/alumni/staff/faculty. We are dedicated to facilitating greater justice, knowledge, and awareness in the community.
Some of the kinds of events that we host include:
- After school programs
- Community workshops, classes, and speaking events on topics related to food, farming and gardening, social justice, community-building, healing modalities, skill sharing, and ecological issues.
- Tours and workdays on the Farm
- BBQ’s and other celebrations
- Music (drum circles, concerts, jam sessions)
- Participatory research projects
- Multi-cultural and multi-lingual garden projects
- Art projects
Interested in submitting an event to the farm? Fill out an event form here!
Click here to see all advertised upcoming events and workshops at the UC Gill Tract Community Farm.